Zig Zag served as a 'refuge' for all those who wanted to 'hide', closing doors in the name of freedom that kept eluding the people.
The city of Aveiro is considered as one of the bastions of freedom, fruit of the Congress of Democratic Opposition, which took place between April 4 and 8, 1973. The government of Marcelo Caetano sent the shock police, in what was considered as the last great repression before April 25, 1974. During these 'hot' days, according to Filipe Lopes, Zig Zag served as a 'refuge' for all those who wanted to 'hide', closing doors in the name of freedom that kept eluding the people.
These and many other stories are part of one of the spaces of Aveiro that were better able to resist the change of time, the new generations, the tendencies and startles of those who have a restoration space open to public. This success, however, only surprises those who do not know the path of Zig Zag and the 'father' Manuel and the children Ricardo and Filipe, who always knew to be 'one step ahead'.
It was so at the opening in 1960 with a dynamic and versatile 'look', 'mirroing a bit of what was done in Lisbon' to this day, in a fight that considers 'titanic': 'We were updating, trying to maintain a cosmopolitan space that survived the closure of the iconic cafes opened at the time, such as the Trianon and the Arcade. Today we continue to be a reference, mainly because we managed to be attentive to what was going on around us. '
So it was with Francesinha, being the first space in Aveiro to sell the precious delicacy, at the time with the name of 'Big Tosta', and has been thus, with a dynamic that allows them to respond to all requests: 'In the morning you can come to breakfast, eat a mixed toast, a toast or a rice cake with Cappuccino and milk with coofee, at lunch a garlic steak, a Soup of the Lota or the Francesinha, in the afternoon drink a Gin, a caipirinha and a steak sandwich, and at night, at dinner, a grilled sea bass. '
You can find out more about which cookies we are using and modify your preferences in your Privacy Settings .
Cookies are used to maintain visitor information, allowing to determine your preferences, assist you in completing forms, as well as collect performance indicators, origin and time of access to the website.
There are two cookie groups that can be used
• Permanent cookies - cookies that are stored at the browser level in the access equipment (PC, mobile and tablet) and are used whenever you make a new visit to one of the websites of ComércioNosso. They are generally used to direct navigation to the user's interests, allowing a more personalized service.
• Session cookies - These are temporary cookies that remain in your browser's cookie file until you leave the website. The information obtained by these cookies serves to analyze web traffic patterns, allowing the identification of problems and providing a better browsing experience.
These cookies are used for the following purposes:
• Allow websites to navigate and use applications, as well as access secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the services required can not be provided.
• Save user preferences regarding site usage, so you do not need to reconfigure the site each time you visit.
• Ensuring the security of your account
• Improve the performance of web pages
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly needed cookies must always be enabled so that we can save your preferences.
If you disable this cookie we can not save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you must enable or disable cookies again.
Google Analytics Data
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!