When passing by the Clube dos Galitos street, right next to TÊZERO’s door, the first sign that something tasty is being made there is its typical smell …
When passing by the Clube dos Galitos street, right next to TÊZERO’s door, the first sign that something tasty is being made there is its typical smell. Then, in a normal day, people always line up to buy the famous Tripa: 'Sometimes people, especially tourists, are waiting and do not really know what they’re waiting for. Then when it comes their turn, they are usually surprised. This is something that is ours, from Aveiro, and in my experience, there is no middle ground. Either you like a lot or you don’t like it at all. Fortunately the balance is positive, in a ratio of 80/20 percent.'
This is how Paulo Pinheiro explains his vision of 16 years ago, when he decided to open TÊZERO, the Aveiro space where Tripas are its only business card, but by choice: ”when we opened shortly after 9/11,we also had other things like Francesinhas, but I quickly realized that the Tripas were the delicacy that was truly making the difference, because they’re the best of them all. They’re also the most expensive ones and I say that without any problem. No one does them like here for the secret is in the pastry, and that secret, the true one, is mine and only mine.'
In TÊZERO, the Tripa can be “stuffed” or 'decorated' with anything. Simple or more sophisticated with fruit or salt, or even the naturally sweet, with all variants and brands of chocolate, and even all the ones our clients can imagine. One of the strangest orders was 'ice cream with ham', but it was doable like any other says Paulo Pinheiro, who proudly adds, 'few are the customers that don’t take a snapshot of their tripa and publish them to all social media. There ain’t no better advertising than that! '
You can find out more about which cookies we are using and modify your preferences in your Privacy Settings .
Cookies are used to maintain visitor information, allowing to determine your preferences, assist you in completing forms, as well as collect performance indicators, origin and time of access to the website.
There are two cookie groups that can be used
• Permanent cookies - cookies that are stored at the browser level in the access equipment (PC, mobile and tablet) and are used whenever you make a new visit to one of the websites of ComércioNosso. They are generally used to direct navigation to the user's interests, allowing a more personalized service.
• Session cookies - These are temporary cookies that remain in your browser's cookie file until you leave the website. The information obtained by these cookies serves to analyze web traffic patterns, allowing the identification of problems and providing a better browsing experience.
These cookies are used for the following purposes:
• Allow websites to navigate and use applications, as well as access secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the services required can not be provided.
• Save user preferences regarding site usage, so you do not need to reconfigure the site each time you visit.
• Ensuring the security of your account
• Improve the performance of web pages
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly needed cookies must always be enabled so that we can save your preferences.
If you disable this cookie we can not save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you must enable or disable cookies again.
Google Analytics Data
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!