It was the year 1967 when Fernando Tavares Marques founded 'Casa Fernando', one of the most emblematic ready-to-wear stores in Aveiro...
It was the year 1967 when Fernando Tavares Marques founded 'Casa Fernando', one of the most emblematic ready-to-wear stores in Aveiro. He began his professional activity at the age of twelve, at the counter of the extinct "Loja das Meias", while learning the importance of personalized and quality service. In the 60's, he returned from military service overseas and decided to open a new commercial space, modern and distinctive, located in one of the best known arteries of the city, in the Freguesia da Nossa Senhora da Glória.
Rua dos Combatentes da Guerra Grande, historically known as Rua Direita, now has one more commercial space, one of the oldest buildings in the city, formerly known as Quinta de São Domingos.
Today, at the age of 76, he tells us about the days when he walked through a store fronts full of light and color, erected on walks crowded with life and passion, like a open commercial center.
He remembers brand names that turned heads such as "TABÚ", "MAGNA", "XOPE" or even REGOJO, among many other long-forgotten trade emblems.
Fernando Tavares Marques Lda, commercially known as Casa Fernando, has been constantly adapting to fashion trends, always following a logic of accompanying the clothing market, through the introduction of new brands of national and foreign origin. In 2018, the store exchanges Rua Direita for nº28 of Rua Dr. Nascimento Leitão and continues its successful course.
Half a century of well-known history in the memory of generations of aveirenses that see in the name "Fernando", the firmness of a house that is part of the commercial history of Aveiro.
Mon. to Fri. 09:00 to 19:00 Sat. 09:00 to 13:00 Sun. Closed
You can find out more about which cookies we are using and modify your preferences in your Privacy Settings .
Cookies are used to maintain visitor information, allowing to determine your preferences, assist you in completing forms, as well as collect performance indicators, origin and time of access to the website.
There are two cookie groups that can be used
• Permanent cookies - cookies that are stored at the browser level in the access equipment (PC, mobile and tablet) and are used whenever you make a new visit to one of the websites of ComércioNosso. They are generally used to direct navigation to the user's interests, allowing a more personalized service.
• Session cookies - These are temporary cookies that remain in your browser's cookie file until you leave the website. The information obtained by these cookies serves to analyze web traffic patterns, allowing the identification of problems and providing a better browsing experience.
These cookies are used for the following purposes:
• Allow websites to navigate and use applications, as well as access secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the services required can not be provided.
• Save user preferences regarding site usage, so you do not need to reconfigure the site each time you visit.
• Ensuring the security of your account
• Improve the performance of web pages
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly needed cookies must always be enabled so that we can save your preferences.
If you disable this cookie we can not save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you must enable or disable cookies again.
Google Analytics Data
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!