In September 1988 opened in Aveiro, on Avenida Oita, nº12, the Bom Talho. The building where the butchery is situated had just been built and José Carlos da Silva did not miss the opportunity to open his business
In September 1988 opened in Aveiro, on Avenida Oita, nº12, the Bom Talho. The building where the butchery is situated had just been built and José Carlos da Silva did not miss the opportunity to open his business, at a time when that area of Aveiro had only cultivated fields.
Eleven years later, José Carlos hires Fernando Cerqueira, a native of Celorico de Basto. Fernando, who had lived in Aveiro since 1985, working in the industry, did not think twice about the offer, despite being young, since he already had several years of experience working in butchers. It was therefore a precious help in the management and proper functioning of the business and perhaps it was his posture and working attitude that earned him a great vote of confidence on the part of José: the business trespass.
Fernando didn’t become flustered by having to manage the space alone, however, his wife, Anabela, eventually came to provide valuable support, initially, punctually and later, permanently. The butcher shop gained, thus a more familiar facet, which is also reflected in the deal with the clientele. For this couple with years of experience in their activity, customers are treated by name and their tastes and preferences guessed before they enter the store. The shop windows also have various products such as mushrooms, salt, cod cakes, wine etc., the perfect combinations to accompany the dishes.
Our good-humored butcher also has knowledge that is very valuable in the branch: the knowledge of the animals he sells. Some of them are even created in his home. The others are, in most cases, purchased from friends, acquaintances, and long-standing business partners. Fernando and Anabela know very well the meat they sell, from the rump crust to the rib. The couple recognizes the need for regulation and certification, but adds that seeing the animal grow and knowing who treats it is critical to a successful choice. In this regard, business numbers speak for themselves. This is the home that most hamburgers do in the district of Aveiro, including supplying the largest hamburger shop in town. Fernando mentions the growing variety of clients. Although most of them have been known for many years, there are also students, due to the proximity of the university, and new clients who come by recommendation of friends. In short, Bom Talho is an exemplary establishment: Fernando's playful spirit, Anabela's friendliness, the quality of the meat and the care in service create the perfect blend that represents in its fullness the spirit of local trade.
Mon. to Fri. 08:00 to 13:00 and 15:00 to 19:30 Sat. 08:30 to 13:00 and 15:00 to 18:00 Sun. Closed
Cookies are used to maintain visitor information, allowing to determine your preferences, assist you in completing forms, as well as collect performance indicators, origin and time of access to the website.
There are two cookie groups that can be used
• Permanent cookies - cookies that are stored at the browser level in the access equipment (PC, mobile and tablet) and are used whenever you make a new visit to one of the websites of ComércioNosso. They are generally used to direct navigation to the user's interests, allowing a more personalized service.
• Session cookies - These are temporary cookies that remain in your browser's cookie file until you leave the website. The information obtained by these cookies serves to analyze web traffic patterns, allowing the identification of problems and providing a better browsing experience.
These cookies are used for the following purposes:
• Allow websites to navigate and use applications, as well as access secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the services required can not be provided.
• Save user preferences regarding site usage, so you do not need to reconfigure the site each time you visit.
• Ensuring the security of your account
• Improve the performance of web pages
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly needed cookies must always be enabled so that we can save your preferences.
If you disable this cookie we can not save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you must enable or disable cookies again.
Google Analytics Data
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!